From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some new xorg ebuilds
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:55:25
1 Donnie Berkholz posted <4265C541.9020104@g.o>, excerpted below, on
2 Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:58:09 -0700:
3
4 > Daniel Goller wrote:
5 >> do you want both on one bug or seperate bugs, from your email, you do
6 >> want success and problems on bugs.g.o, correct? do you want hardware
7 >> info/binary drivers used added?
8 >
9 > Basically emerge info and xorg.conf, from which I can suck out your
10 > architecture, xorg USE flags, toolchain and driver.
11 >
12 > Successes are only really interesting for 6.8.99.*. THe other, I expect
13 > to work fairly well.
14
15 OK, I'm currently running the 6.8.99.3 snapshot, on ~amd64 w/ the radeon
16 xorg native drivers and gcc-3.4.3. No issues with it save for the
17 previously posted font problems, now corrected I gather.
18
19 However, my question is do you want gcc-4.0.0 bugs yet, or not? I tried
20 remerging w/ gcc4 without success, and now that I see the .99.5
21 snapshot out, before I go trying to upgrade to it, I'm wondering if it's
22 worth my while to try it under my gcc4 gcc-profile, bugging
23 success/failure, or if you aren't ready for that yet and I should just
24 report on gcc-3.4.3 merges (gcc-3.3 is deprecated on amd64).
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
30 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list