From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seeds, GLEPs, and projects
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:52:04
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> Huge amounts of time, effort and users. How much arch team time was > spent fixing genkernel? How much time was spent fixing the OS X mess? > How many users did we lose as a result of all the QA screwups?
Eh, I wanted answers, not more questions :P
> As much as I hate relying upon slashdot for anything reasonable at all, > an awful lot of people in that thread were suggesting that more time be > spent on QA and fixing existing bugs and much less on fancy new > things...
These users are ignoring the fact that time is not the only and most important factor. Motivation is far more important IMO, and it's pretty hard to get the motivation together to test 60 packages instead of tinkering around with a new idea. At least for me it often is. -- Kind Regards, Simon Stelling Gentoo/AMD64 developer -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] seeds, GLEPs, and projects Mike Pagano <mpagano@×××××.com>