From: Thomas Beierlein <tomjbe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: amateur radio applications should not be in media-radio
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:13:33
1 On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:27:16 -0400
2 Paul Arthur <flowerysong00@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 2010-07-14, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 ...
7 > >
8 > > I am an amateur radio operator as well, and that is why putting the
9 > > ham radio apps in"media-radio" bothers me. Ham radio is not part
10 > > of the media.
11 >
12 > But it is a medium. media-* has nothing to do with "the media"; I
13 > really don't see any point to this proposed change..
14 >
15 At least the metadata.xml for media-radio seems inconsistent as far as
16 I can read the different languages:
17
18 The English language speaks about media applications:
19
20 "The media-radio category contains radio-related media applications"
21
22 The German translation one speaks definitely about applications around
23 amateur radio:
24
25 "Die Kategorie media-radio enthält Applikationen zum Thema Amateur
26 Radio"
27
28 And finally in Polish translation (as far as I can tell) speaks about
29 radio-related multimedia applications.
30
31 "Kategoria media-radio zawiera oprogramowanie multimedialne związane z
32 radiem"
33
34 So maybe a clarification is in urgent need here.
35
36 Thomas.