From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl/openssl circular dep, possible solution (python/perl/db devs please read)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:51:42
1 On Tuesday 14 June 2005 05:32 pm, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I don't think gcc-config should depend on portage at all. Or does it
3 > actually use portage services. In any case it should be an RDEPEND, as
4 > building does not depend on portage being there.
5
6 it was added when `portageq` didnt exist everywhere so we had to make sure the
7 portage on the system ran a new-enough version
8
9 we can drop it now if it'll break this circular DEPEND
10 -mike
11 --
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list