From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+gentoo@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guarantees of unstable architectures
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 16:40:44
1 26.07.2021 17:23, Marek Szuba пишет:
2 > Dear everyone,
3 >
4 > During the open-floor part of this month's Council meeting I asked
5 > whether there is any official policy regarding what is or is not
6 > guaranteed for hardware architectures we do not consider stable in
7 > Gentoo. For reference, according to the current version of
8 > profiles/arches.desc (commit 7bdebec50c44c0222bf76334c34926b593e94dd4,
9 > dated 2021-04-05) this means: alpha, ia64, m68k, mips, riscv, s390,
10 > and all Prefix arches.
11
12 Only the non-RAP one (amd64-linux etc). The prefix installation on amd64
13 now supports using stable amd64 keyword: https://bugs.gentoo.org/759424
16 > As it turns out, we do not in fact have any such policy. On the other
17 > hand, during my time as a Gentoo developer I have heard from other
18 > developers a fairly wide range of opinions on the subject - from
19 > insisting on clean QA results, passing tests etc. regardless of whether
20 > an arch is stable or not to assuming we guarantee nothing for unstable
21 > arches.
22 >
23 > Anyway, it has been decided that it makes sense to discuss this on the
24 > mailing list before making it a Council matter. Therefore - what do you
25 > all think here?
30 Best regards,
31 Alexey "DarthGandalf" Sokolov