From: Ilya Tumaykin <itumaykin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The problem of unmaintained packages in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 21:39:43
1 qlist -Iv $(portageq --repo gentoo --orphaned)
2
3 On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 23:54:27 MSK Christopher Head wrote:
4 > On December 20, 2017 8:49:03 AM PST, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > >Ad. 1. We currently have over 1650 m-n packages [1] and the list keeps
6 > >growing. The advantage of this type is that we have an explicit list
7 > >and everyone clearly sees that the packages need a new maintainer. We
8 > >also have some dedicated people who try to help fixing worst issues
9 > >but they're obviously not capable of doing all the work themselves.
10 >
11 > Is there an easy way to check whether any packages I have installed on my system are m-n? I checked “man q” and “man equery” but neither seemed to support searching by maintainer. The closest I found was “equery meta”, but that requires a specific package name on the command line.
12 >
13 > I read the last rites and it’s quite easy to notice if a package I actively use is shown there, but that doesn’t help with the hundreds of libraries and other dependencies whose names I don’t even really recognize but I have installed.
16 Best regards.
17 Ilya Tumaykin.