From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 23:44:22
1 On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 12:31:44AM +0100, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
2 > Le mardi 02 décembre 2008 à 16:50 -0800, Robin H. Johnson a écrit :
3 > > As another major pain, for ebuilds where the homepage changes every
4 > > version in
5 > > some predictable pattern, you have now increased the maintenance
6 > > burden. Before
7 > > we could just copy the ebuild if we had a suitable variable expression
8 > > in the
9 > > HOMEPAGE variable, but now we'd have to edit it into metadata.xml as
10 > > well.
11 > actually I thought it was strictly forbidden to put any kind of variable
12 > in the HOMEPAGE value. Did I miss something, is it an old restriction
13 > that doesn't matter anymore ?
14 It exists as a warning in some places still I think.
15
16 perl-module.eclass has this:
17 [ -z "${HOMEPAGE}" ] && \
18 HOMEPAGE="http://search.cpan.org/search?query=${MY_PN:-${PN}}&mode=dist"
19
20 There was something else that used the form of:
21 MY_PV=$(something-from-versionator ...)
22 MY_PN=...
23 HOMEPAGE="http://foobar/${MY_PN}/${MY_PV}"
24
25 I'm pretty sure I saw something about one of the EAPIs supporting
26 USE-dependency stuff in HOMEPAGE as well.
29 Robin Hugh Johnson
30 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
31 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85