From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tools-portage herd unmaintained packages
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:07:07
1 On Tue, 2012-12-25 at 15:09 +0100, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El mar, 06-11-2012 a las 12:35 -0600, Paul Varner escribió:
3 > > All:
4 > >
5 > > The following packages in the tools-portage herd are effectively
6 > > unmaintained packages and need a maintainer to step up and maintain them.
7 > >
8 > > app-portage/deltup
9
10 homepqge link is broken. the SF link in the ebuild is a rediredirect to
11 www.deltup.org which is a dead link. The SF page files releases doesn't
12 list the 0.4.4 that we have in tree. It stops at 0.4.3
13
14 hmm. I just emerged it, seems slyfox is maintaining it's dep of
15 dev-util/bdelta which has had a release just this last June. But it's
16 homepage link is the same dead deltup.org one. It is from the same
17 author. The SF deltup pages only have files releases up to 0.1.0 (dated
18 2006) for bdelta.
21 > > app-portage/epm
22
23 Nothing
24
25 > > app-portage/maintainer-helper
26
27 I looked at it, installed it, but had to fix a small bug just to get it
28 to run. Outside of that I heard from no-one about it. For me, it would
29 be easier to add the few capabilities that were actually coded to
30 porthole than to learn the code and pyQT to develop it, since the data
31 it provided and displayed, porthole already displays and more.
32
33 IMHO tree-clean it
34
35 > > app-portage/splat
36
37 it's perl :(, I don't do perl. The homepage link is dead. Only the
38 base net address is alive and is just a resume for the author. I heard
39 nothing.
42 > > app-portage/ufed
43
44 Several users provided some patches to update it for the make.conf and
45 profiles changes. It has been updated in tree.
48 > > If no one steps up in the next 30 days, I will be moving them out of the
49 > > herd and to maintainer-needed and they will be candidates for the
50 > > treecleaners.
51 > >
52 > > Regards,
53 > > Paul Varner