From: Christian Loitsch <gentoo-dev@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] messages at end of ebuild-scripts
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:47:16
1 I just went through my "logfiles" created with emerge xxx | tee logfile
2 and noticed that there are quite a few messages I just would have never
3 seen.
4 There are some ebuild-scripts which echo messages, but because emerge
5 just starts the next ebuild, it is nearly impossible to see them.
6
7 I think that ebuilds should never echo anything, but create info-files
8 (in a special directory) which I could read later on.
9
10 Another "problem" is, that, probably because my machine is only a
11 133MMX, emerge starts the next ebuild without flushing its output.
12 I always get the message "finished installing into ..."
13 but then it sometimes finishes the >>> output, sometimes starts the next
14 ebuild in the middle of a >>> line and sometimes doesn't even show one >>>
15 line.
16
17 christian
18
19 ps tell me if this belongs into bugzilla