From: Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: put new additions along with removals in GWN
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:00:31
1 Hello,
2
3 After seeing "Upcoming package removals", for couple of weeks now, in
4 GWN I'm beginning to think that I would like to see also a list of new
5 packages added to portage next to the list of packages to be removed.
6 This will give a better view on the actual state of portage tree, as
7 well as, will help people (like me) to find potentially useful programs
8 that we didn't knew existed (as I'll certainly will check the packages
9 that sound interesting to me from a quick look on that list).
10
11 I think it'll be quite easy to implement by doing some CVS magic, or
12 better yet a diff of the two portage snapshots corresponding to the
13 days of this and the previous GWNs.
14
15 If you think this is a good idea, I'd be glad to write some scripts for
16 this.
17
18 Best,
19 Yuri.