From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:52:51
1 >> Note that neither mplayer or xine work on mips particularly well. Xine
2 >
3 > Could you please help us fixing it on mips? (in particular currently
4 > there is work in improving ffmp3 in order to ditch mad, that has issues
5 > with mips iirc)
6
7 Well, it depends on your definition of help. I'd be perfectly happy to
8 provide some hardware for interested developers (I have a couple indys
9 that I'm willing to donate to anyone willing to help with sound
10 development). As for writing any code to try and fix these issues, I'm
11 not capable of providing that sort of help.
12
13 -Steve
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list