From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New QA Policy Guide
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 18:00:18
1 On Sun, 2020-01-19 at 18:50 +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > On 2020-01-19 12:46, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > > > > > > > On Sun, 19 Jan 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > > The sources are stored in proj/policy-guide.git [3]. If you wish to
5 > > > submit your own changes, you can either use the 'Policy Guide' bugzilla
6 > > > component [4] and/or GitHub mirror [5].
7 > >
8 > > Please, no github for official policies. We should have a permanent
9 > > paper trail for this kind of things, which isn't guaranteed if the
10 > > discussion would happen entirely on github.
11 > >
12 > > Besides, by the Social Contract we cannot rely on a non-free service
13 > > for anything official.
14 >
15 > I would second that but this would also apply to devmanual.
16 >
17 > And at some point it will also affect contribution to Gentoo repository
18 > at Github itself: Sure, eclass changes require ML review but sometimes
19 > comments contain valuable information especially for the future when
20 > someone wants to understand why an ebuild was changed that way.
21
22 Valuable information belongs in comments in the ebuild or in the commit
23 message.
24
25 > That's why Debian created https://salsa.debian.org/, Fedora has
26 > https://src.fedoraproject.org/ ...
27
28 ...and Gentoo developers are doing what they do best -- talking big.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny