From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:44:52
1 On Sun, 06 May 2007 18:27:09 +0200
2 Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
3 > I'm afraid that many users will have forgotten by the time the upgrade
4 > is actually possible for them, especially when this period is longer
5 > than a month. It feels a bit like crying wolf to me: "here's a bunch
6 > of changes you'll need to deal with at some point on the future, but
7 > you can't have them now and we don't know when they'll be ready, and
8 > if they are ready we won't warn you again"
9
10 It's not like the news item disappears completely after you read it.
11
12 > To me it seems to make more sense to show the message when the upgrade
13 > it actually available.
14
15 Then you're looking for a different feature. Probably the one that's
16 designed to do configuration checks after --pretend... pkg_pretend_post
17 or whatever it was going to be called.
20 Ciaran McCreesh