From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] memory pricing, advertising, etc.
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:26:33
1 Hiya,
2
3 I hope that everyone is aware of the recent dramatic drop in RAM prices -- for
4 example, I just (a few minutes ago) purchased a 256Mb ECC CAS2 PC133 SDRAM chip
5 from http://www.crucial.com (Micron) for $100.79 US (with free 2-day shipping)!
6 No, I didn't make that up.
7
8 I'm a big fan of Micron memory (it's the "official" memory of cvs.gentoo.org,
9 and as soon as I get my 256Mb stick, my development box as well), so I've
10 signed us up for their referral program. If you are planning to take advantage
11 of the current dramatic drop in RAM prices (not reflected yet at every RAM shop,
12 but definitely reflected at crucial.com), then please use our "experimental"
13 crucial.com tiny ad link to head over to crucial.com and purchase your RAM.
14 By doing so, you'll help support Gentoo Linux development, since Achim and
15 I don't generate any income from our work on Gentoo Linux.
16
17 :) --->
18
19 http://www.gentoo.org/ad.html
20
21 I gave the ad its own private page because our current site doesn't yet lend
22 itself to advertising. While we're working on the site redesign, I wanted you
23 guys to know about the current very low RAM prices and have the opportunity to
24 help support Gentoo Linux by purchasing some RAM using the above link.
25
26 If anyone knows of any other *quality* (important!) products that you think
27 are worth promoting on our site, then please let me know. One product in
28 particular that I wouldn't mind advertising is Ecrix's VXA-1 tape drive (we
29 have one sitting in cvs.gentoo.org, and it's really nice). Let me know if
30 you have any ideas -- I'd like to have several possibilities ready for our
31 new site.
32
33 Best Regards,
37 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>