From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 1.0_rc5 trail
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:35:33
1 On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 10:37:53PM -0400, Crowfoot, Norman (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:
2 >hi,
3 >
4 >I'm a gentoo newbie. Had a couple of glitches with the small ISO CDROM
5 >technique.
6 >
7 > - name of the DHCP client daemon is now "dhcpcd" not "dhcpclient",
8 > in /etc/rc.d/config/OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0
9 >
10 > - one does not need to edit /etc/resolv.conf if runing DHCP
11 >
12 > - modprobe of wavelan fails for unknown reasons. Also the
13 > pcmcia stuff seems inoperational
14 >
15 > - in step 10, the build of MOSV fails, since 1.0.5 is not available.
16 > Editing MOSV to 1.1.0 makes this one work
17 >
18 > - is build of kernel needed? Seems to be, to get the modules working.
19 >
20 >I'm still working on the pcmcia working, since I want to get an
21 >802.11b PCI card working.
24 i too had problems with the pcmcia stuff. I had thought that the driver
25 that was in there didn't support encryption.
26
27 I used the pcmcia stuff from pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net
28
29 I think CONFIG_NET_RADIO=y was left out of kernel .config.
34 >gentoo-dev mailing list
35 >gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org