From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] volonteers for a gentoo admin tool (portage frontend)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:34:16
Hi all

A few days, we started to talk about a front end to portage. I received
some answers (Michael Kohl,Cabec2,etc.).
If someone is interrested, please feel free to join (just tell us HERE -
not my personnal email).

Now we have to define fonctionnalities of this new utility. I propose a
basic select/install/deinstall utility for the first release.

- select a category in the list (dialog menu)
- select a package in selected category (with a flag for installed
packages -> dialog checked box).

Moreover, we need a common repository to start the project. Is there a
place on gentoo cvs ? It would be weird to start this project on sf...

Waiting 4 u !

--
Gravis

--