From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Category rename
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:08:12
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:34:42 +0300 Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
4 >wrote:
5 >| IMO, www-proxy should be renamed to net-proxy, for allowing me to move
6 >| various SOCKS packages into it.
7 >
8 >Were you, hypothetically, to do this, remember to update the categories
9 >and updates file in such a way that cvs->rsync doesn't kick in whilst
10 >you're in the middle of the move. Because you wouldn't want to break the
11 >tree now, would you?
15 I've done it in following manner:
16 - add & commit the new net-proxy category
17 - update profiles with s/www-proxy/net-proxy/g
18 - changed dependancies of other ebuilds to net-proxy
19 - removed www-proxy
20
21 Sorry if it took too long. I had a problem with repoman. Since creation
22 of metadata.xml at category level, it wants to create
23 metadata.xml/Manifest...
24 I will fill a bug about it