From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: amd64 Keywords
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:00:54
1 On Thursday 31 March 2005 6:52 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Attached... Corrections for any typos welcomed.
3
4 If it was an April fool, it's quite funny.
5
6 Now, If ciaranm is offering to make the massive changes required for this then
7 maybe. Otherwise, it isn't happening anytime soon.
8
9 I'm sure we would be willing to rename our /project/ Gentoo/x86-64, but the
10 keywords aren't going to change.
11
12 Would putting something like this in our docs make you happy:
13
14 " The AMD line of 64-bit extended processors were released well ahead of
15 Intel's offering. Therefore, for historical reasons the arch keyword for all
16 x86-64 compatible architectures is amd64."
19 Jason Huebel
20 Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
21 Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
22
23 GPG Public Key:
24 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
25
26 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
27 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)