From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass db-use
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:10:54
1 On Thursday 18 May 2006 15:49, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Unfortunately this GLEP has not been implemented yet. This eclass
4 > > would indeed be an ideal elib. Also, for this eclass the API
5 > > requirements are not as strict as it is only intended to be used in
6 > > unpack and compile stages.
7 >
8 > That's not my point. I mentioned it because it briefly shows why the
9 > current eclass system has its problems and why contacting -dev *before*
10 > adding a new eclass to the tree is essential.
11
12 I see your point. This GLEP does not require contacting -dev at all
13 though. Instead of this eclass I could have abused the db4fix eclass and
14 be done with it. The new one has a better name, and sane design. It
15 offers functions (and will offer more) that are long due and actually
16 help ebuilds using berkeley db.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze