From: wireless@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Openstack image availability
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 17:35:13
1 On 06/08/2015 10:30 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've just started generation of Gentoo Openstack images. Right now it
5 > is just a basic amd64 image, but I plan on adding nomultilib and
6 > hardened variants (for a total of at least 4 images). I plan on
7 > generating these images at least weekly.
8 >
9 > These images are not yet sanctioned by our infra team, but I plan on
10 > remedying that (being a member of said team should help).
11 >
12 > I am currently using the scripts at
13 > https://github.com/prometheanfire/gentoo-cloud-prep to generate the
14 > images (based on a heavily modified version of Matt Vandermeulen's
15 > scripts). If you have any issues please submit bugs there or contact me
16 > on irc (prometheanfire on freenode).
17 >
18 > Here's the link to the images, I'm currently gpg signing them with the
19 > same key I use to sign this email (offline master key smartcard setup
20 > for security minded folk).
21 >
22 > http://23.253.251.73/
23 >
24 > Let me know if you have questions,
28 OK, So to test the images, just burn a dvd/usbstick and run it like a
29 liveDVD? I did not see instructions or brief guidance; I'm noob with
30 openstack but curious to see how she performs......
33 Long term, will we get an openstack-meta (testing) out of this in
34 portage, or should I just dedicated an old dual core amd64 box for image
35 testing?
36
37 I'm building up (from 100% sources) a mesos cluster offering
38 with cephfs, Apache-spark, Apache-storm and tachyon. It'd be great to
39 run some tests of codes on openstack (running on local hardware) and
40 then test the same hardware running Apache-mesos. So any suggestions you
41 have on that (so the comparisons are as similar as possible, including
42 recommended test codes) would be of keen interest to me.
45 James