From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××.org>
To: Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@×××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: peeking into gentoo-src over the developers' shoulders?
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 04:26:18
1 On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:26:03 +0200
2 Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@×××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > anoncvs has been killed due to the fact that it killed cvs speeds :)
7 >
8 > I can see that "emerge rsync" should not use cvs to update a user's
9 > portage tree (given the large user-base and the uneconomical cvs
10 > protocol)... but does anoncvs have to be turned off entirely? if yes,
11 > can't anything else be done (e.g. also rsyncing the gentoo-src part)?
12 >
13 > Sorry for being such a pain; blame it on Gentoo being too fascinating
14 > for its own good :-)
15
16 I'm sure somebody will be more then happy to mirror the CVS for anon use somewhere so that it does not effect the developers .. and anon has access to CVS
17
18 Henti