From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Xmms needs to die.
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:55:12
1 Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o> posted 44EF3174.3@g.o, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:20:52 -0600:
3
4 > So, I'm curious -- did anyone ever come to a decision what to do on the
5 > matter? The list traffic seems to be dying down. Maybe I just missed
6 > the final decision email.
7
8 Well, no one has volunteered to take over maintainership, so it would
9 appear to be heading toward orphaned package status. While that doesn't
10 mean immediate removal from the tree, it will eventually as bugs begin to
11 build up, and with a package such as this, they will probably build up to
12 the point they get the attention of tree cleaners relatively fast...
13
14 Overlay was suggested. I imagine if no one takes over maintainership and
15 it gets pulled from the tree, sunrise might end up with it. It's fairly
16 likely some user would be interested in it enough to try it there, altho
17 as complex and old as it is, how successful they might be is open to
18 question.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list