From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug queue size over time
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:33:55
1 On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:33:11 -0700
4 > "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Is it possible to get graphs of bugs.g.o bug queue size for certain
7 > > query (e.g. by assignee) over time?
8 > >
9 > > Best,
10 > > Paweł
13 > The *data* is there to do it, but its a bit of a pain, you have to
14 > extract all the individual "changed" events and then use that to reason
15 > about each individual bugs state at a given time, and use *that* to
16 > deduce how many open bugs there *were* at a historical moment.
17 >
18 > And that's a lot of painful queries for the REST API.
21 I'd avoid the REST API here. If you want this data; I'd consider filing a
22 bug. Infra can do stuff like run nightly reports for this information and
23 hang them off of endpoints you can access.
24 This works well for public bugs; and not well for private ones.
28 > I've done something like this before with Perl bugs[1], but again, very
29 > painful, slow and time consuming.
30 >
31 > This sort of thing would be *much* easier if we could have direct bulk
32 > access to the underlying MYSQL store, but that's a tricky thing to do
33 > because:
34 >
35 > 1. Its MySQL
36 > 2. Some bugs have visibility restrictions that have to be factored for
39 In this way, you can download the (likely hundreds of megs) of JSON or
40 whatever, and do the sorting / filtering / timeseries work on the client
41 end?
42
43 Its not great I suspect, but it saves everyone hamming the database.
44
45 -A
48 > ----
49 >
50 > Note: these pages are very browser taxing:
51 >
52 > 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mm8iYE77SRh-
53 > q2jOfKNSWHUetswEABJawp-94UyTHio/edit?usp=sharing