From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: News item regarding c++98 vs c++11
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:37:01
1 On 20/10/14 00:53, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I debated about whether to write a news item about c++11 abi. Usually
5 > our news items are about some change which requires user intervention.
6 > But this is just precautionary. With more packages needing c++11
7 > because of source changes, we may want to inform users about breakage at
8 > the ABI level in case they do something like add -std=c++11 to their
9 > global CXXFLAGS.
10 >
11 > Let me know if you think its worth sending out and/or any other
12 > suggestions.
13
14 Shorter form:
15
16 Since gcc-4.7 there is a -std=c++11 option, do not use it since it
17 breaks the ABI, resulting in a non-functional system.
18
19 lu