From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: systemd-next.eclass
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:30:46
1 On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:27:24PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 14:43:14 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > this eclass is an alternative to systemd.eclass, and maintains
6 > > full compatibility with it; however, it expands it so that it can query
7 > > pkgconfig for the directory paths. It returns the same default paths as
8 > > systemd.eclass if there is an error with pkgconfig.
9 >
10 > Alternative? So now developers decide whether they want support systemd
11 > A or systemd B? And we fork packages so that users can have matching
12 > set of packages?
13 >
14 > If you listened, you would know that the only reason I didn't apply
15 > your patches to the eclass was that nothing used them. If you really
16 > want to commit your quasi-fork, I will update the eclass. You
17 > don't really have to play silly games like this.
18
19 Ok, that is the better aproach anyway, go ahead and update the eclass.
20
21 Thanks much. :-)
22
23 William