From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:14:03
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:59:46PM -0500 or thereabouts, Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > Sorry for two mails in a row.. but out of curiosity, instead of using
3 > 30 minute rsync, why not 30 minute mirror of cvs? KDE does this fairly
4 > well, they even have it something like every 5 minutes, is there any
5 > reason mirrored cvs is not possible//feasible? is this something svn
6 > has gotten better at?
7
8 We have a well-established rsync infrastructure in place and rsync has its
9 own authentication that will support per-user auth (something that we
10 require) I'm not opposed to using cvs, but unless there's a strong need
11 for it, I'd rather stick with rsync. (which is why I'm asking here to see
12 what the need for it is)
13
14 --kurt