From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why went unusable versions stable?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:51:03
1 Olivier Crête wrote:
2
3 >uOn Sat, 2005-12-03 at 01:01 +0100, Ernst Herzberg wrote:
6 >>dev-util/esvn:
7 >>
8 >>0.6.8-r1 was masked, and has some crazy bugs, that this stuff is not usable
9 >>for an 'enduser'. If you select an 'working directory', the last character of
10 >>the path get lost. You have to create a workspace, select there a working
11 >>directory, add the last character by hand....
12 >>
13 >>OkOk, as long as this stuff is masked, no problem. BUT: Upstream has released
14 >>a new version with this bug fixed. Why went the buggy version stable? And the
15 >>new with the bug fixed version is masked? That make no sense to me.
16 >>
17 >>Can somebody explain that?
21 >Maybe you should ask MrNess... But he doesn't seem to think that testing
22 >is important...
26 This package I happen to use at work, I could say I did more than a
27 simple test.
28 Do you suggest that, if this bug is real, I should know about?
29 Do you understand that tests don't always detect bugs, right?