From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Ulrich Müller" <ulm@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] EAPI 6 draft for review
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:19:28
1 Hey Ulrich,
2
3 I may be a bit late to the discussion, and perhaps I should really just be
4 reviewing mailing list posts from years past, but...
5
6 What's the story of eapply? Why does this need to go into the PMS, and not
7 continue to be supplied by epatch from the eclass? What is gained from
8 moving it to PMS, and why is it more semantically correct to have it there?
9 Just curious about this.
10
11 The other question is more critical -- could you merge eapply and
12 eapply_user? Or add some hook to PMS so that eapply_user isn't needed? IOW,
13 it'd be nice if every package was, by default, patchable by the user.
14
15 Regards,
16 Jason