From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed again (was Resignation)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:41:47
1 On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 06:30 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > Their commit history backs it up all by itself.
4
5 Ppint to specifically what, in their respective histories, proves your
6 case. This is like pulling teeth.
9 > | Where is this code being pushed to, exactly?
10 >
11 > Users.
12
13 Please note the difference between pulling and pushing. Pushing implies
14 that people who don't want sunrise on their systems have to have it and
15 have to use it. This is not the case. So, again, where is this code
16 being *pushed* to, exactly?
19 > The correct way to push through a large change is part of the developer
20 > quiz. There's no excuse for anyone not knowing it.
21
22 Was it really a *large change* that they pushed through? They haven't
23 altered the way anybody does things. Any developer or user going about
24 their normal business does not even have to *think* about sunrise. Not
25 that large a change, after all.
28 > Would you fly in a plane being piloted by Britney Spears?
29
30 What do I care what the pilot's name is? And how is that relevant to
31 the discussion, when you've yet to actually show why any of the Sunrise
32 staff is unfit.
33
34 Furthermore, there were other questions I asked that you completely
35 removed from your reply. Please answer those as well.
39 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
40 Gentoo Foundation / Gentoo Linux
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list