From: Piotr Szymaniak <szarpaj@××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Running repoman on the portage tree
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:06:42
1 On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 08:07:36PM +0800, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > http://packages.gentooexperimental.org/repoman-checks/
3 >
4 > updated per cron job, split by category. Much easier to handle :)
5 >
6 > Feel free to work on fixing things - there's enough issues that you
7 > won't run out of work this decade.
8
9 So, lets assume that a lot of users get their hands on fixing things
10 ("lets make Gentoo a better distro!"). What's the work path here? Fix,
11 diff, new bug "I fixed this and that!"? git portage... pull request?
12
13 Just asking, but I know that fixing things that will stay forever on
14 Bugzilla is killing motivation.
17 Piotr Szymaniak.
18 --
19 Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not
20 listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying
21 attention.
22 -- Harry, "Dumb & Dumber"