From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary inst all - GRUB
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:32:37
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:01:34AM -0500, Greer, Darren (MED) wrote:
2 > Well, I gave up trying to figure out why this was not working, and have
3 > just installed lilo. Rebooted and all seems to be well.
4 >
5 > However, I have a question. When I do a "df" I see an entry for:
6 > /dev /dev-state
7 > I have no entry like this in /etc/fstab. What would this be?
8
9 This is a special "bind" mount used to move the contents to /dev to /dev-state
10 before we mount devfs at /dev.
11
12 Best Regards,
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>