From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let portage symlink latest version of installed docs
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:19:00
1 On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:48:12 +0200,
2 Fabian Neumann <fab1206@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > I'd like to have bookmarks for my most used documentation in my
5 > browser.
6
7 Yup, me too. See bug #67130.
8
9 The feature is optional (you have to set DOC_SYMLINKS_DIR in make.conf).
10 Symlinks are autocreated when there is an "html" subdir in the package
11 doc dir. If an ebuild wants to force creation of a symlink to another
12 target, it can set the $HTMLDOC_DIR variable.
13 By default, the symlink name is simply the package name. A suffix is
14 added if the package is a non-zero $SLOT. And again, ebuilds can force
15 this name to something else, by setting $DOC_SYMLINK_NAME.
18 TGL.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list