From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:26:33
1 On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 08:41:31AM -0500, Daniel Goller wrote:
2 > inviting community) and why you think stricter test make for better
3 > developers, why you think harder tests would cut down more on the quick
4 > in and out people.
5
6 Empirical evidence agrees.
7
8 Our current quiz practices have done a good job keeping out a lot of the
9 incompetence that used to slip through before we took that approach.
10
11 Stricter tests make for more knowledgable developers and folks with a
12 lack of commitment to Gentoo are usually not willing to tackle the
13 learning curve.
14
15 As for whether or not we're inviting or not, anybody can contribute.
16 They don't need to be @gentoo.org to do so. What we really need is to
17 focus more on those outside contributions.
20 Jon Portnoy
21 avenj/irc.freenode.net
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list