From: Christoph Mende <angelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reinstating eclasses
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:43:18
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm currently working on a new eclass for Xfce4 that, as opposed to the
4 previous ones (xfce42.eclass, xfce44.eclass), is supposed to be used
5 for all versions. Now the most logical name for an eclass like that
6 would be xfce4.eclass, except that eclass already exists. It seems like
7 it was used for Xfce 4.2 and has been deprecated for quite some time
8 now. Obviously, packages using that eclass (which is zero in the main
9 tree and zero in the xfce herd's overlay btw) wouldn't work with my new
10 eclass, so I can't just extend said eclass. Now my big question is: Do
11 I have to think of a new name for my eclass (was thinking of something
12 like xfce4-r1.eclass, which I don't really like though) or can I just
13 overwrite the old eclass?
16 Christoph Mende
17 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Lead and Release Engineering
18 GPG: EE2A 454A 6A3B A2D8 E43B FF45 2A19 C3B3 6DA0 C1AF