From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:11:52
1 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have already submitted my application, but want to advertise it over here
5 > too :] Comments are welcome!
6 >
7 > Summary:
8 > Create Python bindings, associated documentation and test cases for the
9 > Paludis public API, and allow subclassing of Paludis classes using Python.
10
11 Check my counterproposal. I know it is more broad but it also fits
12 better Gentoo as whole.
13
14 For the ones that aren't following gentoo-soc:
15
16 - C/C++/Ruby/python bindings/API for package managers.
17
18 The idea is to have some kind of common ground for applications willing
19 to use our wonderful package managers.
20
21 Task list:
22
23 - define a basic API for basic query and basic commands
24 - implement it for paludis/pkgcore/portage a non native language
25 - implement a little front-end using it (that would act as a subset of
26 emerge)
27 - extend the API to cover more features.
28
29 lu
33 Luca Barbato
34