From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Split ELF Debug (defult or not?)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:29:58
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Good afternoon,
3 >
4 > probably in portage-2.0.54 a patch will be added to emit split debug
5 > info. Having a split debug allows us to retain all the advantages of
6 > stripping executables while gaining the ability to properly debug
7 > executables in bfd aware programs. It's been in testing with a small
8 > hand full of devs and works quite well, but before it's pushed in we
9 > would like to get input from our devs & users.
10 >
11 > Would you be willing to give up space in $ROOT/usr/lib/debug for ELF
12 > executables by default in order to aid in better debugging by or do we
13 > want to only emit it when a FEATURE= is defined.
14
15 How much space are we talking about?
16
17 I like on-by-default, along with a feature option to turn it off.
18
19 --de.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list