From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: zsh completions -- optional or mandatory?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:51:21
1 All,
2
3 I'm seeing at least two ways of handling zsh completion files in the
4 tree.
5
6 The first is in a package I maintain and several others in the tree --
7 using the zsh-completion use flag along with an rdepend on
8 app-shells/zsh behind the use flag. The package I maintain that does
9 this is www-client/pybugz, but you will find several other packages
10 doing the same thing.
11
12 The other method is shown by dev-vcs/hub at least, and maybe several
13 other packages -- e.g. unconditionally installing the completions
14 according to our small files installation practice and not reflecting
15 the rdepend on app-shells/zsh.
16
17 I think we should be consistent with how we handle this, and personally
18 I would vote for the first way since zsh is not all that common.
19 However, if the feeling is that we should nuke the zsh-completion use
20 flag, I'll be the first to do it, and I'll start opening bugs against
21 other packages.
22
23 Comments/discussion are welcome.
24