From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the last of netkit-base has left
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:43:54
1 On Tuesday 12 August 2003 01:33, C. Brewer wrote:
2 > Hmm, I'm confused...I thought the original plan was for iputils to replace
3 > netkit-base..
4
5 it did ... netkit-base provided 'ping' and 'inetd' ... iputils replaced the
6 ping part while xinetd replaced the inetd part
7
8 > Also I hope this is only a change to satisfy a virtual/inetd
9 > and not a mandatory system package?
10
11 like all virtuals, the default is xinetd, but you are not required to use
12 xinetd ... thats why it's called a virtual ...
13 if you have netkit-base emerged and not xinetd, then you shouldnt have xinetd
14 pulled in
15 -mike
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list