From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: LibPNG Problems :(
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:44:25
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:59:23 -0300
3 Marcelo Fontenele S Santos <msantos@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Is there a way to make emerge capable of finding the ebuilds that
6 > depend on libpng( or some other package ), like the scripts in
7 > libpng/files, and, instead of just listing them, emerge them?
8
9 hmm,
10 You can do what we did for the update series:
11 grep -r "media-libs/libpng" /usr/portage
12
13 :) This might be a good start, but it only lists the things that
14 -directly- depend on libpng. not those that pull it in through another
15 dependency.
18 but this is indeed a weekness in the current portage implementation :)
19 or perhaps a strength in the case that where it isn't avaiable in the
20 main portage you can script around it fairly easily :)
23 //Spider
24 --
25 begin .signature
26 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
28 end