From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Toys for arch / release people
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:30:40
1 According to some arch / release types, there're a few simple queries
2 and reports they'd find very useful. Since these kinds of things are
3 very easy to do if you have a decent API, I put together a tool for a
4 few of them. As of sys-apps/paludis-0.6.2, the adjutrix client can:
5
6 * display a "lagging stable" / "dropped keywords" chart, similar to
7 imlate, but a) SLOT aware and b) not tied to using a single 'target'
8 architecture. I believe the sparc people are using this for their
9 reporting now, and they can probably set up other archs for automatic
10 emailage if desired.
11
12 * display an eshowkwish graph, but without the nasty bash hacks.
13
14 * display the profile-provided values for USE and the USE_EXPAND
15 variables for a given or all profiles.
16
17 * display the default resolution for the system set (stable or ~arch)
18 for a given or all profiles.
19
20 Note that adjutrix doesn't require a Paludis configuration setup (it
21 deliberately ignores all user configuration and environment settings),
22 and it doesn't require that you use Paludis as your package manager in
23 any way. It's shipped as part of sys-apps/paludis merely because we
24 don't consider it worth making separate libpaludis, paludis, qualudis,
25 adjutrix, gtkpaludis etc packages at this point.
26
27 If anyone has any other suggestions for this kind of user configuration
28 independent tool, give me a prod here or in #paludis. Writing these is
29 really trivial and almost certainly worth the effort...
30
31 I remain, Sirs, your most humble and obedient servant,
32 --
33 Ciaran McCreesh
34 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org