From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maintainer-wanted ebuilds which are tagged REVIEWED
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:41:30
1 On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 19:31 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:52:33 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
3 > <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 > | > Uhm, if the ebuild submitter does not choose a category, then we'd
5 > | > have to change the subject ourselves (and sometimes I'm not even
6 > | > remotely sure into which category would the particular ebuild fit).
7 > |
8 > | Try asking the submitter? *grin*
9 >
10 > Yeah, I reckon we could stick a rough category in the title before we
11 > tag stuff as REVIEWED. Sometimes it might end up as games-?/whatever
12 > rather than a full category though.
13
14 That would be fine. In fact, it would be fine if it were just
15 *somewhere* in the bug report, except for the automated message you're
16 going to be sending out would be much more useful if it were in the
17 summary, even if it is just a rough idea. Remember that not
18 *everything* will need the summary there right away, since not every
19 request for clarification will be immediately answered, but increasing
20 the likelihood of the category being there increases the likelihood of
21 the package being picked up.
24 Chris Gianelloni
26 Games - Developer
27 Gentoo Linux