From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev implementation
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:26:46
1 On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 23:45, C. Brewer wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 21 October 2003 1:36, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 >
4 > > When the driver register, it will still create /sys/ entries, and thus
5 > > the nodes you wish for (when it supports sysfs).
6 >
7 > So, eventually, it'll be close to devfs, except that we'll have to load the
8 > mod manually to get the driver to register the node, instead of the call to
9 > the node automatically loading the module?
10
11 Well, in the case if my usb-flash disk, hotplug loads it ...
16 Martin Schlemmer
17 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
18 Cape Town, South Africa