From: Balaji Srinivasan <BSrinivasan@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Questions on capabilities of portage
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:57:54
1 Hi Everyone
2 Im a newbie Gentoo user and managed to get my system up this weekend. While
3 i was installing i came across a few things that could improve the usability
4 of gentoo. I would like to help in the implementation of those features if i
5 can.
6
7 I had a question about portage first. I notice that on the web there is a
8 complete list of packages that are available. Is there a feature in portage
9 that would allow you to query that list and select which packages you want
10 to install and then run emerge on it.
11
12 If there isnt a feature like this, do you think it would be a useful
13 featture? If so any pointers on how one might go about implementing it?
14 Thanks
15 Balaji
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list