From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stack smash protected daemons
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:26:15
1 On Thursday 23 September 2004 11:03, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Do we have proper per package cflags yet?
3 > Answer = No.
4 >
5 > Is Nick ever going to add it?
6 > Answer = No.
7 >
8 > Can it be done?
9 > Answer = Yes. but it's a bitch todo and atleast one portage dev want to
10 > take away that ability.
11
12 As well as per package CFLAGS, how about the following candidate per package
13 variables?
14
15 * CXXFLAGS
16 * CHOST
17 * MAKEOPTS
18 * FEATURES
19 * AUTOCLEAN
20 * CONFIG_PROTECT
21 * CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK
22
23 There's probably variables I've missed that some people would like to do
24 per-package. If another interesting variable is supported, it more than
25 likely would have to be added to this list as well. Do you really want
26 individual files to support all of these?
27
28 I'm pretty sure every portage dev thinks that's a crazy path to go down. As
29 Marius already mentioned: "per-package environment variables support for
30 portage is already planned".
31
32 Regards,
33 Jason Stubbs