From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New virtuals: virtual/findutils virtual/admin-users virtual/admin-processes
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 05:33:01
1 Okay three more virtuals that I think should be implemented.
2
3 The first would be for generic findutils, that is find and xargs commands; it
4 would be satisfied by sys-apps/findutils or one of the BSD -ubin packages.
5 This will solve problems of packages depending on sys-apps/findutils and then
6 using a generic "find" instead of gfind on non-GNU userland.
7
8 The second would be an alias for shadow or the -usbin packages, this way one
9 can actually depend on the right utilities when using enewuser for instance.
10
11 The third would be an alias for psmisc+procps or the -ubin packages, providing
12 things like ps, kill and killall.
13
14 If nobody has problems with them (considering I'll fix the dependencies when i
15 get around keywording things, although everybody is welcome to fix their
16 packages right after adding the virtuals if they want ;) ), I'll commit them
17 Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon (depends when I find time for them,
18 actually, and how much I can go on without having the need of these
19 virtuals).
20
21 Thanks,
22 --
23 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
24 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE