From: "Henri Schomäcker" <henri.schomaecker@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild script ${var} question
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:11:16
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I`m not shure, maybe it`s just too late at night for me and this is a silly
4 question. Please forgive me then... ;-)
5
6 I defined a ${FORAINSTVER} in pkg_setup() and it is still known in
7 src_compile().
8 But when I then want to use it in pkg_postinst(), ${FORAINSTVER} is undefined.
9
10 The only thing I`ve done with it in src_compile() was...
11
12 if [ ${FORAINSTVER} -ge 2 ]; then
13 ...do something totally different...
14 else
15 ...do something totally different...
16 fi
17
18 Is the ebuild script run for a second time to call pkg_postinst() or should I
19 better learn some more details of bash-scripting?
20
21 Many thanks in advance,
22 yours Henri
25 | Henri Schomäcker - VIRTUAL HOMES
26 | Datendesign für Internet und Intranet
27 | henri.schomaecker_at_virtual-homes.de
28 | http://www.virtual-homes.de
29 | Public Key: /.gnupg/public_key.txt
30 --