From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: antarus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Value of Continuous integration vs Code Review / Pull Requests
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 18:45:55
1 On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 04:34:24PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Another major issue is operating the software. I haven't found anyone to
3 > *run* gitlab; I'm not eager to do it. Today Gentoo is mostly distributed,
4 > bugs are in bugzilla, wiki is on mediawiki, code is on gitolite with N
5 > mirrors, email and lists are separate, etc. In a world where bugs, wiki,
6 > code, ci, containers, PRs, are all on gitlab and it breaks and we can't fix
7 > it; it will be bad news for all of those things. If the bugzilla machine
8 > breaks we lose bugzilla; if gitlab breaks we lose the ability to edit the
9 > wiki, file bugs, commit, run CI, etc.
10
11 Ping me sometime this week if I don't catch up with you first. I have
12 some experience running gitlab, so I could help run it.
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 William