From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nVidia drivers question
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:51:34
1 Have you tried disabling agp support completly? Put NVAgp 0 into X
2 config, it's near the top of the nvidia troubleshooting guide on
3 gentoo.org.
6 > Your page has a lot of good information. But it all seems to be
7 > focused on AGP support. I have a PCI Hercules Prophet II MX. Could
8 > the PCI part be causing problems?
9 >
10 > What is happening (on Mandrake 8.0 freq2) is the system starts up with
11 > nVidia logo, then performs fine. When I try to open any 3d app, my
12 > system crashes (can't even go to conslole, or soft boot).
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > -Paul Rodríguez