From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Eivind Tagseth <eivindt-gentoo@××××××××.no>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help with new Cocoon ebuild
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:48:13
1 On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:44:38AM +0100, Eivind Tagseth wrote:
2 >
3 > > ---
4 > > export JAVA=`java-config -J`
5 > > export CLASSPATH=`java-config -p commons-logging-1,bcel-0,junit-3`
6 > > ${JAVA} org.foobar.Main $*
7 > > ---
8 >
9 > Just a comment: Normally, when I want the classpath for junit, I just
10 > want the classpath for junit. I don't remember which version or slot of
11 > junit I want. How about a mechanism for automatically choosing the latest
12 > slot if the slot is unspecified? Kind of like the way shared libraries
13 > work?
14
15 Naturally.
16
17 java-config would default to selecting the highest slot if none was
18 specified.
19
20 However, for libraries, it is usually the case that you have to program
21 against a particular 'series', as both ABIs and APIs tend to break with
22 major revisions.
23
24 Example: gtk 1.x vs gtk 2.x,
27 Kind regards,