From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: Trying to locate and remove unused dev- & media-libs?
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 17:21:12
1 On 1/8/21 5:42 PM, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I wonder how you composed this list. If you just checked if there is
5 > any revdep, the check was probably useless:
6 >
7 > For example,
8 >
9 >> dev-libs/cyberjack
10 >
11 > is up-to-date, has an active dev as maintainer and is required for any
12 > ReinerSCT chipcard reader.
15 Hey,
16
17 I admit the motivation didn't come clear from the first post. I believe
18 majority of listed packages to be leftovers from previous removals, thus
19 being "useless" to us now. I also admit to checking git logs for only a
20 handful of packages, and left few active+useful ones out from the list
21 already. This is a genuine inquiry to find out if these libs are somehow
22 useful for someone, not a "last-rites call for action" post ;)
23
24 Although I probably will continue to look for the really outdated,
25 EAPI-5 etc ones after a certain period of time.
26
27 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature